[28240] trunk/dports/PortIndex

cssdev at mac.com cssdev at mac.com
Sun Aug 26 13:24:04 PDT 2007

On Aug 25, 2007, at 5:16 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 25, 2007, at 15:56, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

>>> What's going on here? I don't get this error when creating the
>>> portindex locally.
>>
>> or directory
>>
>> The variant's main body is being evaluated and naturally the
>> tarball has not been extracted yet, so there's no Makefile to
>> edit. I'm guessing wrapping up that reinplace in the platform
>> block with a {pre,post}-{configure,build} hook would clear the
>> error. Chris, could you please look into it?
>
> Bingo. You've nailed it. Chris, I've reopened bug #12555 and
> attached a new patch to it which I think will fix the problem.

Your fix seems to work fine. I lost access to a PowerPC when my
PowerBook died. :)

I tried to create a platform variant for the change, but I did so a
bit hastily. Something like "post-extract-append" won't work for the
variant, but I could get a similar result using "pre-configure"
within the variant. Ideally, the code should detect endian ordering
in a more dynamic manner, but that would take more effort to peel
apart the code. The package should reflect the endian-specific nature
of the code, IMO. Could someone please verify the latest patch in the
bug on a PowerPC Mac?

Thanks,
Chris