port -t is weird in trunk

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Aug 27 11:58:04 PDT 2007

I'm having problems with trace mode (port -t install) in trunk which
are not present in 1.5.2. Compiling the newly-added pandoc in 1.5.2
with or without trace mode works fine. In trunk, it builds fine
without trace mode, but with trace mode, it says "access denied to /
opt/local/bin/runhaskell (ghc)" which I don't understand since the
port does declare a dependency on ghc. The message seems to be
printed by src/pextlib1.0/tracelib.c which seems to be a new file
added last month by epimenov, whom I'm Cc'ing.

pandoc $ sudo port -t
MacPorts 1.520
Entering interactive mode... ("help" for help, "quit" to quit)
[textproc/pandoc] > install
--->  Fetching pandoc
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for pandoc
--->  Extracting pandoc
--->  Configuring pandoc
--->  Building pandoc with target all
Warning: Target build has an undeclared dependency on ncursesw
--->  Staging pandoc into destroot
Warning: Target destroot has an undeclared dependency on ncursesw
--->  Installing pandoc 0.42_0
--->  Activating pandoc 0.42_0
--->  Cleaning pandoc
[textproc/pandoc] > uninstall
--->  Deactivating pandoc 0.42_0
--->  Uninstalling pandoc 0.42_0
[textproc/pandoc] > quit
Goodbye

pandoc $ sudo port -t
MacPorts 1.600
Entering interactive mode... ("help" for help, "quit" to quit)
[textproc/pandoc] > install
--->  Fetching pandoc
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for pandoc
--->  Extracting pandoc
--->  Configuring pandoc
--->  Building pandoc with target all
trace: access denied to /opt/local/bin/runhaskell (ghc)
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
local/var/macports/build/
_Users_rschmidt_macports_dports_textproc_pandoc/work/pandoc-0.42" &&
make all PREFIX=/opt/local " returned error 2
Command output: runhaskell Setup.hs configure --prefix=/opt/local
make: runhaskell: Command not found
make: *** [.setup-config] Error 127

[textproc/pandoc] >

Unfortunately, to test this issue in the pandoc port, you will need
the ghc port installed, and that takes eons to build. :(