Writing Portfiles: how to run custom scripts

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Tue Aug 28 03:55:19 PDT 2007

Michael Wild wrote:

> I'm trying to write up some Portfile for me and came across some
> problems. The upstream source is in cvs and uses
> automake/autoconf/libtool. My problem is now: how do I run aclocal,
> autoheader and libtoolize from the Portfile? I can run automake and
> autoconf, but as far as i can see, there is no way running custom
> scripts/commands, right?

There are the "use_autoconf" and "use_automake" built-ins, but those
two fail to depend on autoconf/automake and as far as I know there is
nothing for autoheader/libtoolize, should that be needed ?

Probably needs to be expanded to allow for several versions of each (in
parallell), and easier support for doing a complete
"autogen"/"bootstrap" (libtoolize+aclocal+autoheader+automake+autoconf)

For now, use "system". (Or if upstream has a script, use that)
--anders