How to see just mtree violations?

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Wed Aug 29 07:10:36 PDT 2007

On 2007-08-29 15:43:35 +0200, Weissmann Markus wrote:
> Portfiles that conform to our standards should be the norm, so only
> violators should have to indicate their non-standard behavior.

OK, so mtree violations should be fatal.

> Well, I actually wanted to do this initially, leading to many angry
> people who were caught off-guard with non-functional ports.

As you said above, maintainers could add something to indicate their
non-standard behavior (or users could report bugs).

> The current state is that a violation is displayed via 'ui_msg', so
> everyone will see it.

Not in case of verbose output.

> We can switch this behavior to a fatal one in one of our next
> releases, giving people a bit of time to realize those warnings and
> perhaps even fix them...

It would be better to do it now, or add a switch to the port command
(which could be removed later) to make mtree violations fatal.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>