Binutils installation problem

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Fri Aug 31 07:48:14 PDT 2007

Chiara Sandionigi wrote:

>> However, my Apple GCC compiler still seems to recognize it.
>> What platform are you trying to build the binutils port on ?
>
> I work on a MacBook with Mac OS X 10.4 and with gcc 4.2.1

Ah, OK... The Portfile is probably not set up to handle the
FSF GCC but assumes you are using the Apple GCC (/usr/bin/gcc).
If you have such a non-standard gcc in your path, then you'll
probably run into port problems with more than just binutils ?

I suggest moving GCC 4.2.1 out of the default paths at least.
But the port should probably not add -cpp-precomp for new GCC,
and it will fail with the FSF GCC (including other platforms).
Not sure how to do it in Tcl, but could be done with "system".

--anders