Guide regen job

Simon Ruderich simon at ruderich.com
Sun Dec 9 07:26:51 PST 2007

On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 10:46:49PM -0400, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> [snip]
>
> 	I have to be honest that I hadn't tried generating the guide locally, so I
> thought the errors were fatal. But it turns out they aren't so I predict
> we'll have the guide up on the official web server really soon now!
>
> [snip]
>
> 	Renaming the generated file from "guide.html" to "index.html" will allow us
> to load a standard guide.macports.org URL and have the guide spring up right
> there without having to request an explicit file
> (guide.macports.org/guide.html). Seems better to me like that.
>
> 	Regards,...
>
> -jmpp

Hi Juan,

renaming the guide file to index.html is a good idea so I just committed it to
SVN.

I also committed [31828] which adds much data of the old portfile.7 man page
(but we are not finished). This fixes some missing ids and so some warnings.

It would be very nice if you or any other who is willing to help could check
if we made any mistakes or knows how to fix some missing defaults (marked as
???) or other todos (marked as TODO). Thanks.

Thanks for the idea and your help,
Simon
--
+ privacy is necessary