[31844] trunk/dports/x11/gtk2/Portfile

Weissmann Markus mww at macports.org
Mon Dec 10 09:42:27 PST 2007

On 10.12.2007, at 18:27, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2007, at 08:43, Weissmann Markus wrote:

> Since there is a choice to be made for x11 support or quartz
> support, I think it makes sense to list both of these as variants.
> The port should (and now does) ensure that exactly one of these is
> selected at all times.

well, I prefer to not making this a philosophical problem:
With one variant, you get two different installations, with two
variants, you get four. In this case (gtk2), two of the four variants
are "errors" and are then fixed (with the defaults variant) or with a
user warning. I think it would be better to eliminate the problem
altogether then trying to fix it's effects.

>>> I didn't think they were mutually exclusive?
>>
>> "\n\nThe gtk2 port can be built and installed with support for
>> either Quartz\n(Aqua) rendering or X11 rendering, but not both.\n
>> \n" [1]
>>
>> [1] https://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/browser/trunk/
>> dports/x11/gtk2/Portfile?rev=31844
>
> Oh hey, so it is. I marked the +x11 and +quartz variants as
> conflicting with one another in r31870. That should do it.

s.o.

Regards,

-Markus

---