[31868] trunk/dports/science/molden/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Dec 10 10:42:45 PST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007, at 12:33, Jochen Küpper wrote:

>> Anyone who already had molden @4.6_1 installed with the old
>> distfile will get a message that the checksums don't match when
>> trying to upgrade. Since the distfile name didn't change (right?),
>> it'll keep using the old distfile which has the older checksum.
>
> Your assessment is correct.
>
>> You should chastise the developers for releasing a stealth-upgrade.
>
> I guess that is not possible...
>
>> Then you should work around the problem in the portfile by
>> defining a different download directory, like this, for example:
>>
>> dist_subdir ${distname}/${version}_${revision}
>
> Ok, done.
> Thank you for the suggestion and clarification.
>
>> If the developers frequently release stealth upgrades like this,
>> this could be left in the portfile. If not, it could be removed
>> when the next distfile with a new filename is released.
>
> Okay, I leave it in;(
>
> How does one clean the old distfiles left around from previous
> revisions?

A user could manually go into the distfiles/molden directory and
remove unneeded files. But this is not unique to molden. All ports
leave their old distfiles behind, unless the user cleans up manually
or runs "sudo port clean --all foo".

> Would it be possible to run a
>   port clean --all molden
> from within the Portfile instead of the dist_subdir trick?

I don't think so. (Well, it's Tcl so anything's possible, but I don't
think it should be done.)