Easytag2, bug #11456

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Dec 11 22:41:43 PST 2007

On Dec 12, 2007, at 00:03, Andrew Cho wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Dec 11, 2007, at 22:05, Andrew Cho wrote:
>>
>>> Originally, 1.1 was the stable branch, while the 2.x series was
>>> the development branch.  Easytag has since changed 2.1 to stable
>>> and is developing the micro-revisions.  I guess it isn't really
>>> necessary to have an additional port for the 2.x series anymore.
>>> I've change the port back to easytag.
>>>
>>> The updated portfile I attached to the ticket lists myself as
>>> maintainer and updates to 2.1.3.
>>
>> And then easytag-devel can be deleted, right?
>
> That is correct.  The easytag-devel should be superseded by this
> updated port.  From what I gather, the easytag-devel port was
> initially split off because the stable source and the development
> source were major revision differences, but as of now, the stable
> and the devel releases are 3 micro revisions apart so I don't
> believe it has the same benefit to have two different ports.  If
> there is interest in keeping them separate, I'm willing to maintain
> separate ports (stable & devel), though I don't see the need at
> this time.

Oh, so I see: 2.1 is stable, 2.1.3 (now 2.1.4) is devel. Well, if you
think 2.1.3 (2.1.4) is stable enough for production use, then you can
update the easytag port to that version. Though to be absolutely
correct, easytag should stay at version 2.1 and easytag-devel should
be 2.1.4 so that users who want to go with the developers' idea of
"stable" can do so.