List of universal archs in base (was: [31959] trunk/dports/devel/openssl)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 14 00:42:16 PST 2007

On Dec 12, 2007, at 12:52, mww at macports.org wrote:

> +	post-patch {
> +#		foreach arch {i386 x86_64 ppc ppc64}
> +		foreach arch {i386 ppc} {
> +			file copy ${worksrcpath} ${workpath}/${arch}
> +		}
> +	}

Perhaps we should define this list of universal architectures in
MacPorts base itself, so that ports that want to do something for
each arch will already have the array ready to go rather than have to
define it themselves -- possibly differently from base, which would
be inconsistent.

Such a definition (let's call it "universal_archs", maybe) should
probably go above the definition of configure.universal_args in
portconfigure.tcl. The contents of this array should be used to build
up a new variable (how about "universal_arch_flags") which ends up
looking like "-arch i386 -arch ppc". This string can then be used to
build up configure.universal_cflags, configure.universal_cxxflags and
configure.universal_ldflags.

Anyone agree? Disagree?