Ion3 license and possible removal

Jeff Palmer jpalmer at totaldiver.net
Fri Dec 14 06:30:17 PST 2007

Markus Weissmann wrote:
> Hi Pierre,
>
> thanks for bringing this up here: Mr. Valkonen's license is absolutely
> unbearable.
> As an alternative: Perhaps you can bring the port back to the last
> sane licensed version - don't know if this is useful and/or possible.
> Either that or remove it please.

Markus,

That was the choice OpenBSD made. they reverted back to an older version
before the absurd '28 days' restriction.
FreeBSD and several other OS's have decided not to jeopardize their 3rd
party management systems with such an obnoxious license, and have
removed it completely.

Hope that helps,

Jeff Palmer

P.S.  I don't normally like to crosspost, so sorry for this (I used
reply-all)