merge for universal builds

Markus Weissmann mww at macports.org
Sun Dec 16 08:09:08 PST 2007

On Dec 14, 2007, at 11:48 PM, Rainer Müller wrote:

> Markus Weissmann wrote:
>> yes. As we were running out of time in GSoC, we didn't manage to
>> better
>> integrate merge.rb into port(1) sooner.
>
> Is there still work going on with merge.rb? As far as I know pipping
> dropped all of his ports and works now on the prefixed version of
> Gentoo
> portage.

No, there is currently no one working on merge.rb; Elias wrote it for
GSoC but currently isn't interested in universal builds. I'll
integrate all of the functionality of merge.rb into port(1) so no one
needs to work on it anyway.

Elias joining Gentoo is perfectly o.k. for me. He has properly
finished his GSoC job with us and if he is more interested in
exploring portage etc. there is nothing to moan about.

Regards,

-Markus

--
Dipl. Inf. (FH) Markus W. Weissmann