Trac tickets and the "Infrastructure" components

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Dec 18 23:19:06 PST 2007

(a mail I just sent to mp-users):

	Our "New ticket" form up at trac.macports.org had a ticket component
of "Infrastructure" to classify requests to our Mac OS Forge host on
hosting and server side functionality related issues. Such naming was
clearly not very understood and a lot of people have been filing
regular tickets pertaining to our ports and/or MacPorts functionality
under this component. Due to this confusion we have renamed it to
"server/hosting" to make its intent clearer, and no non-team members
should be using it as reports against any of our ports and/or MacPorts
itself do not belong there (and reports against Mac OS Forge server
side functionality should be discussed first with team members, or
with PortMgr members to be precise, before being filed as a "server/
hosting" ticket).

	So, basically, as this message explains and our ticketing guidelines
at http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets also make clear, that's
a "hands-off" component ;-) Thank you for your cooperation!

	Regards,...

-jmpp