[MacPorts] #13352: Shortened "Assign to" list in tickets

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 21 01:39:11 PST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007, at 13:29, MacPorts wrote:

> #13352: Shortened "Assign to" list in tickets
> --------------------------------
> +-------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  jmpp at macports.org  |       Owner:  wsiegrist at apple.com
>       Type:  defect             |      Status:  closed
>  Component:  server/hosting     |     Version:  1.5.2
> Resolution:  fixed              |    Keywords:  assign to list
> --------------------------------
> +-------------------------------------------
> Changes (by wsiegrist at apple.com):
>
>   * status:  new => closed
>   * resolution:  => fixed
>
> Comment:
>
>  Closing. Trac generates the list from all valid accounts, so if a
>  maintainer is missing they can just login to trac and they will
> show up.

So why do we have so few of our maintainers logging into Trac? The
list of possible assignees contains only four email addresses not
@macports.org, and two of those are @apple.com:

kvv at apple.com
macosforge at otierney.net
pguyot at kallisys.net
wsiegrist at apple.com

But I count well over 200 maintainer email addresses in our portfiles
that aren't @macports.org. How can it be that only two of our non-
@macports.org maintainers are logging in?

Take as an example this ticket:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13597

It was filed by Paulo Moura, one of our maintainers. Surely he logged
in in order to file the ticket. Why is his email address not showing
up in the assignee list?