tcl84 and tcl85?

Takeshi Enomoto takeshi at mac.com
Sun Dec 23 18:44:56 PST 2007

Hello,

I became aware of the official release of Tcl/Tk 8.5 in the other
thread.
I tried to upgrade but failed as already reported by Stephen.
The ports for Tcl/Tk require some work to be stable.

<http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13682>

I wanted to upgrade Tcl/Tk to see if it works with PLplot and Tcl-nap.
In the mean time, Ryan found PLplot does not work with Tcl/Tk 8.5
(Thanks!).
This upgrade of Tcl/Tk affects other ports significantly.

<http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13697>

It occurred to me if we could separate Tcl/Tk 8.4.x and Tcl/Tk 8.5 ports
as done with Python.
Then PLplot can depend on port:tcl84 and port:tk84.

Any opinions?

Takeshi