Error loading stylesheet /svnindex.xsl

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Thu Dec 27 11:01:42 PST 2007

On Dec 27, 2007, at 2:26 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Dec 26, 2007, at 23:03, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
>
>> On Dec 26, 2007, at 8:43 PM, Jeffrey Thompson wrote:
>>
>>> I'm still getting the error (see attached): Error loading
>>> stylesheet:  A
>>> network error occured loading an XSLT stylesheet:
>>> http://svn.macports.org/svnindex.xsl
>>
>> Strange, I'm looking at it right now with both Safari (3.0.4) and
>> Firefox (2.0.0.9) and I still don't see the problem, every http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/*
>>  "page" of our svn repository I navigate to displays just fine for
>> me. I'm still guessing the problem is intermittent, I'll investigate.
>
> Maybe the stylesheet is cached in your browser already? The server
> is not letting me have it:
>
> $ curl -I http://svn.macports.org/svnindex.xsl
> HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
> Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 06:25:33 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8g DAV/2 SVN/
> 1.4.5 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.5.1 PHP/5.2.5
>
> $

	Firefox's cache seems to be way more aggressive than I'd expected;
iirc, it'd been probably months since I last opened it and indeed it
still had a cached copy of the svnindex.xsl file. I cleared up the
cache and the problem surfaced right away, I was not able to load any
"page" of our repository.

	The problem has been fixed though, web-surfing our repository should
be possible again. Note that access to files themselves was never
blocked, so this outage did not hinder our downloads.

	Regards,...

-jmpp