Open MPI

Markus Weissmann mww at macports.org
Sat Dec 29 07:22:58 PST 2007

On Dec 29, 2007, at 8:50 AM, Takeshi Enomoto wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just created a ticket for openmpi to suport fortran better.
>
> I found that it does not build if mpich2 is installed.

Like a file conflict or a build-time conflict?

> If we do not allow both to install at the same time,
> (is there a counterpart of "Conflicts" field of Fink?)
> we do not need to put "open" before mpirun mpicc and mpif90.

I'm not a big fan of conflicting ports: So far we managed to make most
port non-conflicting (e.g. you can install all postgresql or all db4x
ports simultaneously), so I'd rather not throw all of this away. We
can add an additional bin-directory in $prefix/lib/$name/bin with the
"original" named executables or something like this if this makes you
happy.

Regards,

-Markus

--