SourceForge in mirror_sites.tcl

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Mon Feb 5 17:53:33 PST 2007

On Feb 5, 2007, at 9:33 PM, Ross Turk wrote:

> I think that depends on the geographical breakdown of your users.  If
> you have mostly users in the US, I would choose easynews (AZ), superb
> (VA), and umn (MN).  If your audience skews global, you should
> probably pick easynews (US), kent (UK), ufpr (Brazil), and jaist
> (Japan).

	Hey Ross! Yeah, I think it's safe to assume we have users all around
the globe (/me inflates chest! ;-), so I chose your worldwide
distribution. Our SourceForge mirrors list will look like this when
MacPorts 1.4 is released:

set portfetch::mirror_sites::sites(sourceforge) {
     http://downloads.sourceforge.net/
     http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/
     http://ufpr.dl.sourceforge.net/
     http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/
     http://jaist.dl.sourceforge.net
}

	Do inform/warn me if I need to make any additins/corrections!

> Thanks for doing this!  I appreciate it. :)

	Thanks to you for the info, toggling the mirrors list manually
whenever something happened to a particular mirror was becoming a bit
of a problem !

> Thx,
> Ross

> --