Spacing issues

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Fri Feb 9 19:24:14 PST 2007

On 9 Feb 2007, at 12:06, Kevin Ballard wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2007, at 12:01 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
> Then you need a better editor. Any modern editor should know how
> soft tabs work and allow you to delete them just like tabs. What
> editor are you using?

gedit (installed by MacPorts) or vi

BTW, I have vi set for 8-char tabs and gedit for 4-char tabs and
switch back and forth between the two constantly. The shifting
spacing has never bothered me, although the lines indented 24 spaces
(someone had 8-char tabs and an editor using spaces) drive me up the
wall.

Randall Wood
rhwood at mac.com

"The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes.
All the
rest is just philosophy."