[22007] portutil.tcl mods / more portfile.7 changes needed?

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Tue Feb 13 23:00:15 PST 2007

Kevin Ballard <eridius at macports.org> on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 9:45
PM -0800 wrote:
>Like I said, file copy (or just copy, after my commit) will in fact copy
>directories.

I'm sorry to be so dull.  You seem to be saying this:

copy ${sourcedir}  ${destdir}

is equivalent to this:

system "cp -R ${sourcedir}  ${destdir}"

But doesn't 'eval xinstall [glob ${source}/* ${dest}' fail if there are
nested directories?  So I thought perhaps your new copy command would have
the same problem.  I'm sorry we're talking by each other, but I have some
preconceptions that I'm having trouble getting beyond at the moment.

>find basedir {filter_expression} {do stuff with $filename}

Because if filter_expression = "*", then is there a tcl command I can use
in {do stuff with ..} that doesn't care if something is a file or
directory?  Because I thought that the TCL extensions I've learned so far
require me to know in advance whether I'm copying files or directories, so
I wonder if it is possible for {filter_expression} to be "*".

Mark