NEW: arpack

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Wed Feb 14 13:51:30 PST 2007

On Feb 14, 2007, at 5:41 PM, Mark Moll wrote:

> Juan,
>
> Thanks for the commit. I just ran portindex, and it chokes on these
> lines in the Portfile:
>
> homepage        http://www.caam.rice.edu/software/ARPACK
> master_sites    ${homepage}/SRC/
>
> with the following error message:
>
> 	Failed to parse file math/arpack/Portfile: can't read "homepage":
> can't unset "PortInfo(homepage)": no such element in array
>
> If I change it to the lines below, it works:
>
> homepage        http://www.caam.rice.edu/software/ARPACK
> master_sites    http://www.caam.rice.edu/software/ARPACK/SRC/

	I noticed this error and fixed it in a yet to come commit. My
construct works, but a stray trailing \ in the long description was
preventing the homepage declaration right underneath it from being
registered, triggering the "no such element in array" error when the
variable is referenced in master_sites. I deleted that \ and indexed
the Portfile successfully.

	Thanks for the warning anyhow ;-) Regards,....

-jmpp