MPlayer 1.0rc1 rev3 - build failure - intel

Arno Hautala fracai at mac.com
Sat Feb 24 23:35:37 PST 2007

I did some searching around and found this:
http://lists.apple.com/archives/darwin-dev/2006/Apr/msg00042.html

So it's an issue with the use of -isysroot

A symlink could be added pre-install, though I could see that causing
problems for other compiles.
Could the link be removed later?  I imagine it'd need to stay in
place so the library could be found later.

For reference, I currently have installed: mplayer @1.0rc1_1+darwin_8
+darwin_i386+fontconfig+freetype+macosx

Actually, is the Universal SDK required?  I guess that gets into the
debate over universal compiles.
I'm not even sure where isysroot is coming from as I have mplayer
rc1_1 installed, and I was able to compile mplayer from source
previously, but compiling from source now gives the same errors.
Unless I specifically disable fontconfig, so I guess the error stems
from there.

I notice that fontconfig was updated just about a month ago, so
perhaps it's the new version that introduced usage of isysroot.

Anyway, I think I've thoroughly confused myself for the night.

Thanks

--Arno

On 2007/02/24, at 12:23, Arno Hautala wrote:

> I thought I'd get input on the list before filing a ticket in case
> it's an issue on my side.
>
> I've pasted the install output below.
>
> There are a few references to libraries in /Developer/SDKs/
> MacOSX10.4u.sdk/opt/local/lib/

> /usr/bin/ld: warning prebinding disabled because dependent
> library: /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/opt/local/lib/libmad.
> 0.dylib is not prebound
> /usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library: /Developer/SDKs/
> MacOSX10.4u.sdk/opt/local/lib/libexpat.1.dylib referenced from: /
> opt/local/lib/libfontconfig.dylib (checking for undefined symbols
> may be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> _XML_ErrorString referenced from libfontconfig expected to be
> defined in /opt/local/lib/libexpat.1.dylib
> _XML_GetBuffer referenced from libfontconfig expected to be defined
> in /opt/local/lib/libexpat.1.dylib
> _XML_GetCurrentLineNumber referenced from libfontconfig expected to
> be defined in /opt/local/lib/libexpat.1.dylib
> _XML_GetErrorCode referenced from libfontconfig expected to be
> defined in /opt/local/lib/libexpat.1.dylib
> _XML_ParseBuffer referenced from libfontconfig expected to be
> defined in /opt/local/lib/libexpat.1.dylib
> _XML_ParserCreate referenced from libfontconfig expected to be
> defined in /opt/local/lib/libexpat.1.dylib
> _XML_ParserFree referenced from libfontconfig expected to be
> defined in /opt/local/lib/libexpat.1.dylib
> _XML_SetCharacterDataHandler referenced from libfontconfig expected
> to be defined in /opt/local/lib/libexpat.1.dylib
> _XML_SetDoctypeDeclHandler referenced from libfontconfig expected
> to be defined in /opt/local/lib/libexpat.1.dylib
> _XML_SetElementHandler referenced from libfontconfig expected to be
> defined in /opt/local/lib/libexpat.1.dylib
> _XML_SetUserData referenced from libfontconfig expected to be
> defined in /opt/local/lib/libexpat.1.dylib
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [mplayer] Error 1
>
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1

arno  s.  hautala        /-\        arno at alum.wpi.edu