curl and platform universal?

Elias Pipping pipping at macports.org
Sun Feb 25 10:12:44 PST 2007

Hi,

     $port cat all | grep -c "platform universal"
     1
     $port cat all | grep -c "variant universal"
     5

so that's only curl right now. I heard the call for
universal binaries the other day and started looking
for ports that could easily be built as such.

[22:18:36] <pipping> suggestion: implement +universal
   variants. when they're confirmed to work make them
   default_variants with a check for variants_isset
   darwin or something like that
[22:19:05] <jkh> pipping: I think that's a fine idea.

in case platform universal actually works somehow
that might be another approach. opinions on this anyone?

I've added such variants to

  * coreutils (r22278)
  * expat (r22269)
  * gzip (r22281)
  * pkgconfig (r22276)
  * vim (r22265, r22268) - still ugly

i ran into some problems, though, when i added such a
variant to apr: having expat and apr built as +universal,
apr-util no longer built. i'll look into this later today.

Regards,

Elias Pipping