[22274] trunk/dports/sysutils/file/Portfile

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Sun Feb 25 11:02:51 PST 2007

I think you should add a variant that appears in a few of the other
GNU utils packages and that is to provide a +normal_install_names
variant which links the g* names to the non-g* names.

For example, here is coreutils:

configure.args   --program-prefix=g \
                  --infodir=${prefix}/share/info \
                  --mandir=${prefix}/share/man \
                  --disable-nls

post-destroot {
         if {[variant_isset normal_install_names]} {
                 system "cd ${destroot}${prefix}/bin && for f in g*;
do ln -s \$f `echo \$f | sed -e 's/^g//'`; done"
         }
}

variant normal_install_names {
}

A number of other packages use this name naming convention.

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.