gnu ports

Elias Pipping pipping at macports.org
Tue Feb 27 00:58:42 PST 2007

My point was not only to draw attention to the matter but
also to encourage you to propose a convention. Since that
approach has failed I'll come up with a proposal:

I see it this way:

  * Yes, there should be a prefix for gnu ports
  * Yes, that prefix should be the same for the installed
    binary and the portname
  * No, it should not be "g" (easier to distinguish from
    gnome ports)
  * 'gnu' would be a possibility. The only conflict would
    be with gnuplot, which is not gnu software. but I guess
    that's possible to live with.

Any opinion on this matter, anyone?

Regards,

Elias Pipping