gnu ports

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Feb 27 13:15:45 PST 2007

Elias,

Regarding the recent commits to change the normal_install_name variant
name to without_prefix, I'm disappointed that this change was made
without any discussion, given the previous discussion several months
agoand work I put in coming up with that name, and committing it to a
number of ports to be consistent.

The new name, without_prefix, isn't entirely accurate, since it implies
there are no executables with a prefix, but the prefixed name will
exists.  That why the normal_install_name variant name is named that
way, since it doesn't imply the removal of the prefixed name.

Would you mind reverting your variant name change and we can discuss a
better name.

BTW, I'm not disputing the name is ugly, but it was a best attempt at
being accurate.

Thanks,
Blair