Default +universal variant for configure-based ports

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Tue Feb 27 20:49:13 PST 2007

We currently have 3787 ports. I expect a majority of these ports to
fail building +universal. Do you really want emails sent out about
2000+ ports, and 2000+ changes to add the exact same behaviour?

To put it simply, the universal variant paul added is not going to
work for, I expect, a majority of ports. Thus, it should be an opt-in
rather than an opt-out.

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org