Default +universal variant for configure-based ports

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Wed Feb 28 13:06:01 PST 2007

On 2007-02-27 22:42:42 -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Well my disk is full, and I wouldn't have a clue how to use the
> debugging info even if it were there, so I don't want it. So how do
> we make the presence or absence of -g configurable globally per user?

Note that even if there isn't a global option, you can still remove
all the debugging information with the "strip" utility. Of course,
the other way is not possible. That's a reason why -g should be used
unless there is a global option.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>