tbz or tbz2

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Feb 28 14:29:47 PST 2007

I was messing around with the portarchivetype option today and tried to
set it to tbz2 according to ports.conf, but the resulting files, while
ending in .tbz2, were not:

/opt/local/var/db/dports/packages/darwin/i386/coreutils-6.7_1+with_default_names.i386.tbz2:
    POSIX tar archive

So the code looks a little fragile in that it does regex matching on the
names to determine which archiver and compressor to use.  It also
doesn't cover misspelled settings

So a couple of things:

1) Should we decide on a standard tbz or tbz2?  We should have the
documentation match the code.
2) Have to code check for all valid types instead of trying regexps on them?

Thanks,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.