gmtl port file

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Mon Jan 8 14:48:12 PST 2007

Doug McCorkle <mccdo at iastate.edu> on Wednesday, January 3, 2007 at 6:48 PM
-0800 wrote:
>      I have a port file for gmtl that I would like considered for
>addition to macports. Please let me know if the file needs to be
>updated in some manner to be included. Thanks for the consideration.

Doug,

I tried it and I have only two questions based on this:

-------------------------------------
Building GMTL Version: 0.4.12
Install prefix:
/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_Users_mduling_dports_math_gmtl/work/destroot/opt/local
checking for CppUnitDir [/usr/local/include]...
no
checking for EnablePython [False]...
Using Boost version 1.31
checking for BoostPythonDir [/usr/local]...
/usr/local/include/boost/version.hpp not found.
Trying /usr/local/include/boost-1_31/boost/version.hpp
/usr/local/include/boost-1_31/boost/version.hpp not found.
-------------------------------------

1) Should the app be compiled with boost support?  If so a dependency for
it should be added for the MP version and a switch or configure patch to
point gmtl to the MP one.
2) Or should boost support be turned off, or only off by default with
optional support provided with a boost variant?
3) If boost support is added one way or another, then unless there are
special circumstances (and there could be because I am not in a position
to know) then the port should not look for a non-MP boost (in /usr).  As
it is now the port will
4) The same questions hold for CppUnitDir, whatever that is.

After getting these issues resolved you should submit the portfile as an
attachment to a Trac ticket, though sometimes you need to prod someone to
commit it with a list message to get it soon.

Mark