bzip2 upgrade from 1.0.3 -> 1.0.4

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jan 22 12:25:46 PST 2007

On Jan 22, 2007, at 10:33, Sbranzo wrote:

> On 22/01/07 06:09, Randall Wood wrote:
>> rhwood$ sudo port upgrade outdated
>> --->  Deactivating bzip2 1.0.3_0
>> --->  Fetching bzip2
>> --->  Attempting to fetch bzip2-1.0.4.tar.gz from http://
>> www.bzip.org/
>> 1.0.4/
>> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for bzip2
>> --->  Extracting bzip2
>> --->  Applying patches to bzip2
>> Error: Target com.apple.patch returned: shell command "cd "/opt/
>> local/
>> var/db/dports/build/
>> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate
>> _dp
>> orts_archivers_bzip2/work/bzip2-1.0.4" && patch -p0 < "/opt/local/
>> var/
>> db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/
>> archivers/bzip2/files/patch-Makefile-dylib.diff"" returned error 1
>> Command output: patching file Makefile
>> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
>> Apply anyway? [n]
>> Skipping patch.
>> 4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file Makefile.rej
>
> Without the patch bzip2 compiles and works correctly.

I upgraded bzip2 yesterday and took over maintainership since it was
unmaintained. I neglected to notice that there were patches which
were not working. bzip2 1.0.4 also seems to be working for me even
without the patches. Someone pointed me to ticket 11272 which
contains revised patches. I will need to evaluate whether those
patches are still necessary, or if anyone else would like to do so
that would be fine too.