seeking example for port who moves only some files

Enrico Placci enrico.placci at tiscali.it
Fri Jan 26 08:59:37 PST 2007

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 18:48:57 -0500 (EST)
Salvatore Domenick Desiano <sal at ri.cmu.edu> wrote:

> o > On Tiger, at least, gnutar and tar are the same program and don't
> o > actually seem to be gnutar (they lack many of the options).
> o On Tiger (10.4) tar is gnutar is GNU tar 1.14 (and supports
> --no-same-owner)
>
> Fascinating. Upon further investigation, the *man pages* for tar on
> Tiger are not gnutar, even though the binaries are.

I don't think you get it right...
This is my situation (and yours is probably similar):
I have bsd tar in /usr/bin/tar and bsd tar manual
in /usr/share/man/man1/tar.1 . If I type "man tar" I get bsd man , but
if i run tar i get gnutar, just like you. Here is the explanation:

enrico at esoel:enrico$ echo $PATH
/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/Users/enrico/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin
enrico at esoel:enrico$  dpkg -L tar |grep man
enrico at esoel:enrico$ which tar
/sw/bin/tar

Fink path comes before system path but fink (gnu) tar doesn't have a
manpage.

Bye
	Enrico

PS Pay attention to your dependencies... and to your paths ;-)