seeking example for port who moves only some files

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Sun Jan 28 11:50:13 PST 2007

On Jan 26, 2007, at 11:59 AM, Enrico Placci wrote:
>> o On Tiger (10.4) tar is gnutar is GNU tar 1.14 (and supports
>> --no-same-owner)
>>
>> Fascinating. Upon further investigation, the *man pages* for tar on
>> Tiger are not gnutar, even though the binaries are.
>
> I don't think you get it right...
> This is my situation (and yours is probably similar):
> I have bsd tar in /usr/bin/tar and bsd tar manual
> in /usr/share/man/man1/tar.1 .

If you're on 10.4 and /usr/bin/tar isn't gnutar you have done
something to modify it:

[g5:~] dluke% sw_vers
ProductName:    Mac OS X
ProductVersion: 10.4.8
BuildVersion:   8L127
[g5:~] dluke% /usr/bin/tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.14
This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public
License;
see the file named COPYING for details.
Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.
Modified to support extended attributes.

In previous versions of Mac OS X, tar was actually cpio.

--
Daniel J. Luke