Draft of a minimalist MacPorts Guide

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Fri Jul 6 01:23:07 PDT 2007

Juan Manuel Palacios <jmpp at macports.org> on Thursday, July 5, 2007 at
11:34 PM -0800 wrote:
>	Even though the existing guide is pretty outdated in some aspects, I
>wouldn't know where to stand between this draft of yours and our
>existing sources (there is some good material there!), haven't really
>had the time to do any serious comparisons.

Oops, resending to the lists with my subscribed address ....

Yes there is good stuff in the old Guide.  I am mining it for all I can to
make sure that nothing in it gets left out, but I just got started and I'm
not done yet. Or perhaps the more advanced stuff in the old Guide won't
easily fit into my "minimalist" Guide; if so it can be accomodated
separately.  Either way, I don't want to leave anything out.

> I'd love it if you could
>team up with Maun Suang and Brian Campbell, who've been actively
>contributing to documentation lately, and come up with a plan to
>rewrite as much as you can while keeping the best of both.

Yes, I have the same idea.

>	Doing it in docbook format would be sweet

Yes I thought so too.  DocBook gives a lot of flexibility.

Mark