Release 1.5 branch created

cssdev at mac.com cssdev at mac.com
Fri Jul 6 04:20:12 PDT 2007

On Jul 6, 2007, at 1:46 AM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> 	Hope MacPorts on FreeBSD rocks as much as on Mac OS X, keep up the
> good work Anders!

I used MacPorts on a FreeBSD box previously. I built the MacPorts
rsync port to easily back up my Mac to the FreeBSD box along with
resource forks and extra attributes. There were a few small glitches
getting base to work, but my use wasn't very extensive. In practice,
I used MacPorts strictly for packages and patches not available
through the FreeBSD Ports Collection. I don't have that box anymore,
but I liked knowing there was some portability beyond just Mac OS X.

Plus, writing Portfiles was much easier than writing Makefiles. ;)

Chris