1.5 rc1 tag created ([26762] tags/release_1_5_0-rc1/)

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Sat Jul 7 01:16:37 PDT 2007

Landon Fuller wrote:

>> If you're considering FreeBSD support, it should also be noted that
>> configure currently assumes bash and the makefiles assumes gnumake...
>
> The Makefiles used to be BSD make compatible. If configure &&
> makefiles are incompatible with non-GNU tools, I'd consider that a
> bug.

Added it as: http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12247

Haven't verified that the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET works as intended,
but the other two fixes should be OK - tested with "bsdmake" on Tiger.
 From what I recall the generated configure didn't work with the original
FreeBSD 6.2 release version of /bin/sh, but did work after a
portupgrade.

If the 1.5.0 is going to be the *only* release in the "1.5 series"
MacPorts,
it would be great if it could be working out-of-the-box on FreeBSD 6.2
too ?

But that'll also need the fixes for #12151, #12153, #12173, #12212,
#12231...
Then some of the ports need revisions, especially python24, icu and
sqlite3 ?

--anders