flagpoll Portfile for consideration in MacPorts

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jul 9 23:36:28 PDT 2007

On Jul 9, 2007, at 15:57, Doug McCorkle wrote:

> Attached is a Portfile for flagpoll https://
> realityforge.vrsource.org/view/FlagPoll . Please let me know if
> there is anything else that needs to be done for its inclusion in
> MacPorts. Thanks.

I think you should be using the python24 or python25 portgroup. It
would simplify the portfile.

Also, we have a python category. Though there are ports that use a
python portgroup that aren't in the python category. I don't use
python software, so I'm not sure what the rules are there, just
wanted to point out that there is such a category. Ports in that
category should have names that begin with "py-" (for 2.4) or
"py25-" (for 2.5). Perhaps a MacPorts python user can provide
guidance on what needs to go in that category and what can be elsewhere.