MacPorts 1.6 milestone plz kthxbai

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Jul 10 22:53:08 PDT 2007

On Jul 10, 2007, at 11:48 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> We need a MacPorts 1.6 milestone in Trac,

	I don't think we need a 1.6 milestone just yet, we can still file
tickets under the 1.5 milestone and work on them for inclusion in
some 1.5.x release(s). As we're trying to move to a more dynamic
"release frequently" model with small deltas between them, we (mainly
Kevin Ballard and I) realized that creating milestones for each of
these was completely unnecessary and overkill when we once tried to
organize our roadmap and tickets for each of the releases in the
1.4.x series. Therefore I think we should proceed the same with the
1.5 milestone, keep it open for the life span of that set of MacPorts
releases and stick everything in it (everything that at least has an
idea of a timetable, tickets still up in discussion and/or nowhere
near a consensus should be placed in the appropriately named "Needs
developer review" milestone). Once 1.5 is closed and we move to 1.6
I'll create the appropriate milestone.

	One thing I still have to do is appropriately relocate tickets that
got closed in the 1.4 milestone but didn't see an actual release
until 1.5. Wanna help...? ;-)

> and the 1.5 version should be changed to 1.5.0, since 1.5 was just
> changed to 1.5.0 in the sources.

	You mean the version where? In the ticket field or the name of the
milestone? I'll see about renaming the milestone to 1.5.x, to better
reflect it's meant for all of the 1.5.x releases to come.

	Regards,...

-jmpp