Base Enhancements

Chris Pickel sfiera at macports.org
Mon Jul 16 20:03:34 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'd like to call your attention to four reports I just posted to Trac
for developer review. None of them are too major, but I figure it's
safer to ask before committing. To sum up:

12309 [1] - Currently we use sed to do some replacement in port,
portindex, and portmirror. I think autoconf is better suited to this.

12310 [2] - Right now we detect some libraries (curl, readline, etc.)
and then we link them all into every dylib we compile. This patch
slims it down so that decisions can be made separately for each dylib.

12311 [3] - On the same note as my previous post to -dev about
macports_fastload.tcl. This is a fix for the version comparison problem.

12312 [4] - Several manpages reference paths according to variables,
rather than giving the actual path; we can do the latter and that's
more helpful to users.

[1] http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12309
[2] http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12310
[3] http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12311
[4] http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12312

The only one I have a strong attachment to is 12310, but I feel the
others are improvements too.

Chris