Regen the new guide

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Thu Jul 19 02:07:29 PDT 2007

On Jul 19, 2007, at 4:37 AM, markd at macports.org wrote:

> markd at macports.org writes:
>> So I've got the draft of the new guide into a doctype "book" and
>> chapters
>> that are xincluded, but I can't get the Makefile in doc/guide to
>> process
>> it the way I want it.  One issue is that I used <section> and the old
>> guide uses <sect1>.  Not sure which is preferred or if that is the
>> problem.  Should I check-in my new xml and see if someone else can
>> look at
>> the regen formatting problems? If so, can someone suggest new
>> directory
>> names to coexist with the old doc?
>
> Okay, I've got the Makefile tweaked after all for the Makefile "new"
> target.  It works now.  So now I just need suggestions for where to
> commit
> the new stylesheet and the xml chunks.  Then it can be regened and
> hacked
> upon.
>
> Mark

	Hey Mark!

	Great to hear you've advanced so much, really eager to take a
detailed look at your work! Sorry for not having participated too
much lately, I've been really short of time. But I will get to it
first thing as soon as I have some spare time. Getting your work
committed in the mean time will surely help many beat me to it ;-)

	So, about committing, off the top of my head I'd suggest the following:

trunk/doc/guide
trunk/doc/guide/new
trunk/doc/guide/new/resources
trunk/doc/guide/new/xml

	Just as the existing one, resources for the css and xml for the
source files. We'd have to adapt the Makefile targets to find the new
file but once we are good to replace old with new the move will be
pretty simple. That's just off the top of my head though, feel free
to improve on the suggestion as you lay the source files down.

	Thanks again for the effort and the hard work, most appreciated! (by
me and all users, I'm sure ;-) Regards,...

-jmpp