RubyCocoa 0.11.1

Eloy Duran eloy.de.enige at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 12:39:38 PDT 2007

> > I think the simpler instructions for your users would be to install
> > perl5.8 without the +universal variant, then install rubycocoa with
> > the +universal variant.
>
> I haven't checked it yet, but I thought that this might build
> dependencies fro ruby as non universal.
>
> > And, why perl again? autoconf requires perl5.8... what requires
> > autoconf?
> >
> > Giving perl5.8 a functional +universal variant can be investigated
> > separately. The port has no maintainer, however.
>
> The ruby portfile uses autoconf, but I'm not sure if it's really
> needed. I will try this later on...

I have added a patch which instead of patching configure.in patches
configure, so autoconf (and perl) is not needed anymore. I have tested
it with a fresh installation and it builds without a problem, but I'm
by no means a configure/make expert so if there's some reason why this
shouldn't be done I would like to hear it.

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/12314

Cheers,
Eloy