[27155] trunk/dports/python/py-psyco/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jul 23 00:47:49 PDT 2007

On Jul 22, 2007, at 18:34, Landon Fuller wrote:

> On Jul 22, 2007, at 1:10 PM, Rainer Müller wrote:
>
>> I see no reason why checking for darwin i386 could be wrong. Do we
>> really need to take care of other Operating Systems than Mac OS X? I
>> mean, it's called MacPorts now and is targeted on users of Mac OS
>> X. Who
>> is using it on another system?
>
> That's no reason to -intentionally- box yourself (or others) into a
> corner. The requirement is for 'x86', not for darwin, and as such,
> expressing a much broader dependency is incorrect.

That's all that I meant to say. The software does not require darwin,
so the test should not be in a "platform dawrin" section. Test for
what you mean to test for.

>> And also see the wine port again, LDFLAGS like "-framework" won't
>> work
>> on other platforms... As platform is set to "darwin", I think this is
>> okay, but contrary to your statement above.

I personally have no idea what -framework in LDFLAGS does. It's only
in the portfile because that's how it was submitted to our issue
tracker, and the port seemed to somewhat work in that state, so I
committed it. I only have access to Macs to test on so I have no
information about what this flag does on other platforms. If someone
were to report a bug that a port doesn't work on another platform,
and submitted a patch to fix the problem, I'd be happy to commit it.
Your message is the first I've heard of this issue with the wine port.