configure script of "macports" should not link against "/usr/local/"

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jun 1 13:11:40 PDT 2007

On Jun 1, 2007, at 00:04, markd at macports.org wrote:

> Could someone with more programming skills than I comment on this
> ticket?
> A user thinks there should be a global fix to the problem we have
> with a
> manually installed readline.  I think this must be done on a case-
> by-case
> basis.  Am I missing something?
>
> http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12041

My read of the ticket is that he wasn't asking us to fix the
configure scripts of any particular port, but of MacPorts itself. He
was saying not that some particular port was linking against a
readline in /usr/local, but that the MacPorts "port" binary itself
was linking against that readline. He would like us to fix the
MacPorts configure script so that MacPorts itself does not link
against things in /usr/local. I don't know if that's still an issue
with 1.4.42, nor if it is, how or whether it can be fixed.