Script to obscure your email address in your ports

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jun 4 23:38:15 PDT 2007

Dear portfile maintainers,

There was a recent discussion on the list in which it was decided
that we should support obscuring the email addresses in the
maintainer line of our portfiles. If your email address is
"bob at foo.example.com", then the obscured address entered into the
portfile would be "foo.example.com:bob". If your email address ends
with @macports.org, then your obscured address is simply the username
before the @ sign. A future version of MacPorts will automatically un-
obscure the email addresses again for commands like "port info".

Some maintainers have already started obscuring their email addresses
in their ports. If you would like to obscure your email address in
the ports you maintain, you can use the attached script to do so.
Assuming you have a Subversion working copy of the ports tree, change
to that directory and run the script in that directory with your
current maintainer email address as the only argument. The script
will obscure the address and swap it out in all your portfiles. You
can then examine the output of "svn diff" to ensure the change is
correct (and that you have no other unrelated changes in your working
copy) and then you can "svn commit" it.

# Change to ports tree
$ cd /path/to/dports
# Make sure there are no other uncommitted changes
$ svn status
# Make sure we're up to date
$ svn update
# Obscure maintainer email addresses
$ ~/Desktop/portfile-email-fix.sh bob at foo.example.com
# Check the changes
$ svn diff
# Commit it
$ svn commit -m "Obscuring my email address in the ports I maintain."

Caveat: The script will not find any ports of yours where your email
address is not on the line that begins with the command
"maintainers", for example if the maintainers are split across
multiple lines. However, I think there are only four ports to which
this applies, and in all four of them, only
"openmaintainer at macports.org" is on the second line.