HEADS-UP: merging dp2mp-move into trunk ASAP now

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Thu Jun 7 08:18:42 PDT 2007

	Well, the subject of this post pretty much says what it is all  
about, I'm ready to merge my branch back into trunk waiting only for  
some adjustments on the rsync server to take place. But the reason I  
consider this heads-up necessary is that this merge, as opposed to  
others we've seen around here, will change not only naming of some of  
the functions/routines/procs in our sources but also paths in svn  
(like base/src/darwinports1.0 to base/src/macports1.0, among others),  
so I would advice anyone writing new code against base to use  
branches/dp2mp-move/base as the point of reference from now on, as  
that will become trunk really soon now.

	I would also prefer it, if possible, that you don't commit to base  
until this merge is in, but I understand sticking to that petition  
can be a bit of a nuisance at times... so consider it only that, a  
petition from me. If you can withhold from committing to base until  
my merge is in I would appreciate it, but other than consider trunk  
open for work.

	About timing, as already said the commit should come really soon  
now, so in any case it's not much what you would have to wait holding  
your commits. I'm all ready on my side but I need to wait for Kevin  
to make some adaptations on the rsync server, we need to coordinate  
both things (otherwise "sync" and "selfupdate" will break for  
existing users). We're aiming for some time next Monday or Tuesday,  
if we don't get lucky and happen to sync up and do it earlier. I'll  
let the list know in any case.

	Thanks for your attention and help! Regards,...


More information about the macports-dev mailing list