livecheck.url containing semicolon

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jun 9 01:20:59 PDT 2007

I want to set up livecheck for fontconfig and I want to use the
following livecheck URL:

${homepage}release/?C=M;O=D

How can I do this? I've tried:

livecheck.url       ${homepage}release/?C=M;O=D

--> doesn't work because it gets cut off at the semicolon; "port -dv
livecheck" shows:

DEBUG: Fetching http://fontconfig.org/release/?C=M

livecheck.url       ${homepage}release/?C=M\;O=D

--> doesn't work because of "unsupported protocol" which is weird:

DEBUG: Fetching {http://fontconfig.org/release/?C=M;O=D}
Error: cannot check if fontconfig was updated (unsupported protocol)

livecheck.url       "${homepage}release/?C=M;O=D"

--> doesn't work for the same reason as above: "unsupported protocol".

livecheck.url       ${homepage}release/?C=M%3BO=D

--> doesn't work because the server does not deliver the same
response when I encode the semicolon as %3B.