[26317] trunk/dports/fuse/sshfs/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jun 19 14:20:55 PDT 2007

On Jun 19, 2007, at 12:55, Kevin Ballard wrote:

>> 	Aren't you overriding the default cflags with such an addition?
>> Shouldn't you instead use a -append instruction there to *add*
>> that macro to the configure environment? (unless you really intend
>> to override it...)
>
> Does -append work with the defaults? I didn't bother looking into
> it, but I assumed that it only appends to the current "real" value.
> Anyway, I checked and the default value is simply {-O2}, so I'm
> including that in my line.

Someone recently requested that -O2 be changed to -Os. Whether or not
we do that, don't rely on the CFLAGS being anything in particular by
default. They will be quite different, for example, if someone is
trying to build with the +universal variant. Perhaps in the future
there will be other ways in which MacPorts will want to adjust the
CFLAGS. Use "configure.cflags-append -DSSH_NODELAY_WORKAROUND".