Controlling $PATH of build?

Hagen Overdick sixtus at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 13:38:14 PDT 2007

Hello all,

just getting my feeds wet in writing Ports... Here is a tricky question:

Postgres has it's own infrastructure for add-ons, see:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/xfunc-c.html

This system relies on:

/opt/local/lib/postgresql82/bin/pg_config

Unfortunately, it's not in the $PATH, when the Makefile is called. I
tried patching the Makefile, but the error seems to come from Postgres
itself.

Long question short: How do I control the $PATH exposed to the Makefile?

It's the last puzzle to having a PL/Java port.

Thanks,

Hagen
--
Dissertations are a successful walk through a minefield -- summarizing
them is not. - Roy Fielding