GSoC Project commits (Was "Re: [26439] users")

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Sat Jun 23 14:12:37 PDT 2007

	Hey Chris!

	Good to see you're making progress in your GSoC project, most excited
to see it completed!

	About this commit though.... it was discussed on the this list some
time ago whether GSoC work should be committed to trunk or to a
branch, and the consensus was that, this being SCM and therefore
moving back and forth being an easy operation, GSoC students should
commit to either based on their own judgement. Seems to me like you
clearly don't feel comfortable enough to commit this work to trunk, so
why not put it in an appropriate branch? Seems to me like a more
standard and expected place to find experimental code like this.

	Regards,...

-jmpp