MacPorts guide & Wiki

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Wed Jun 27 10:40:51 PDT 2007

On Jun 27, 2007, at 1:21 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2007, at 12:17 PM, Randall Wood wrote:
>>> If it's just a matter of getting it up somewhere, I (and I'm sure
>>> others) have webspace where it could be hosted (at least
>>> temporarily).
>>
>> A number of use could host the guide and if there was a portfile
>> for it we could use the portfile to ensure that all hosted copies
>> of the guide were quickly and trivially updated no less.
>
> because that wouldn't be possible to do with how it is now? (in the
> subversion repository?)
>
> I put a copy up here:
>
> http://geeklair.net/macports_guide/
>
> I can make it automatically update if there's interest

	I would love it if you could host the guide in the mean time and
automate its regen off fresh svn sources, just like we're currently
doing with the Index (and since you already host that ;-) Committing
the regen script to svn would also be great (GuideRegen.sh), in the
base/portmgr dir just the same. I'm still in talks with kvv about
hosting the guide right on MacOSForge with a static link to it off the
front page, but in the mean time having it readily available in final
form is a good thing, I believe. If we can come up with something now
we can later on figure out how to also automate update submissions to
our web server, I'm sure.

	To make it complete you still need the css file, however, so I'll try
looking that up for you if it's not already in svn. Thanks for all the
help and human & machine time, Daniel, much appreciated!

	Regards,...

-jmpp

PS: I've been thinking about the guide port idea, but I must admit I'm
not too bought on it... although I still haven't scrapped it entirely,
I must also admit.